Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bay to Breakers 2009!

So 2009 was my first Bay to Breakers, and it was amazing. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to go. What a great event. What a cool city.

Here are the photos I took throughout the day.

The tortilla tossing at Mission and Spear. Check out the video too.




Thomas's short-lived camo water wings:




Baby storm trooper! Cute!




Karlo faces the starting line with calm confidence:



Receiving a paint handprint from a stranger. That handprint is now sunburnt onto my bely.



I thought this headhunter crew had pretty sweet costumes.




"Hello stranger. Why are you kicking me?"




Karlo puttin' in some face time for FM94.9:




In my head I'm on a boat:




The view looking down Fell. Damn thassa lotta people!




Pit stop at Christina's place for PBR and bowler hats:




Karlo gets kicked in the butt:



I'm Thomas Meaney, and I approve of this famous view of San Franciso:




Karlo and Andrew at Alamo Park looking for Shea:




A dj wrote her radio station's URL on me. I seem really proud.




Cousin Corey's old street!




Surveying the crowd at Clayton and Fell:




Hey SF, nice botanical garden...but it can't phase these guns.




I love the completely disinterested passers-by. It's San Francisco: people probably pose like that all the time.



Oh boy:



"No way!"




The dramatic finish! We turned right. We probably should have turned left and headed for the Beergardens. I didn't even see that at the time. Of course, then I'd have completely missed my flight.




Joe still wearing his war paint:

No comments: